By Robert Paul Lamb,G. R. Thompson
- An really broad-ranging and available Companion to the research of yank fiction of the post-civil conflict interval and the early 20th century Brings jointly 29 essays by means of best students, each one of which offers a synthesis of the easiest examine and gives an unique perspective
- Divided into sections on old traditions and genres, contexts and subject matters, and significant authors
- Covers a mix of canonical and the non-canonical issues, authors, literatures, and demanding approaches
- Explores leading edge issues, resembling ecological literature and ecocriticism, children’s literature, and the impression of Darwin on fiction
Read or Download A Companion to American Fiction 1865 - 1914 (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory books
Word: this can be a shortened model of the unique, hardcover paintings. References were got rid of. "This is the main accomplished and insightful examine in this subject in any language and the 1st written in English. as well as its scholarly price, Professor Pan's publication opens a window to a picturesque poetic international for Western readers who're attracted to chinese language poetry and portray.
"Starts off as a manifesto yet turns into richer and extra suggestive because it develops. "—The ny SunFor Wallace Stevens, "Poetry is the scholar's artwork. " Susan Howe—taking the poet-scholar-critics Charles Olson, H. D. , and William Carlos Williams (among others) as her guides—embodies that artwork in her 1985 My Emily Dickinson (winner of the earlier than Columbus starting place booklet Award).
Shakespeare's performs were tailored or rewritten in a variety of, usually superb, methods because the 17th century. This groundbreaking anthology brings jointly twelve theatrical variations of Shakespeares paintings from world wide and around the centuries. The performs includeThe Woman's Prize or the Tamer Tamed John FletcherThe background of King Lear Nahum TateKing Stephen: a fraction of a Tragedy John KeatsThe Public (El P(blico) Federico Garcia LorcaThe Resistible upward push of Arturo Ui Bertolt BrechtuMabatha Welcome MsomiMeasure for degree Charles MarowitzHamletmachine Heiner MüllerLears Daughters The Womens Theatre workforce & Elaine FeinsteinDesdemona: A Play a couple of Handkerchief Paula VogelThis Islands Mine Philip OsmentHarlem Duet Djanet SearsEach play is brought by way of a concise, informative creation with feedback for additional interpreting.
This ebook presents an informative, serious and concise advent to the literature of the fourteenth and 15th centuries, contextualising the literature and introducing the pre-eminent authors of the period.
- Mortality's Muse: The Fine Art of Dying
- The Classic: Sainte-Beuve and the Nineteenth-Century Culture Wars
- Hemingway and French Writers
- Reading Capitalist Realism (New American Canon)
- Pearl Cleage and Free Womanhood: Essays on Her Prose Works
Additional resources for A Companion to American Fiction 1865 - 1914 (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Companion to American Fiction 1865 - 1914 (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) by Robert Paul Lamb,G. R. Thompson